Who: Aaron Gordon, Civil Engineering Student at Clemson University
What: Working as a Project Manager
Where: Haiti
When: January-August 2015
Why: Keep reading to find out for yourself

Friday, February 13, 2015

Se ou fe, se li ou we.

What you do is what you see.


This is me standing above the water source of Morne Michel, the village from which I took the first picture in my post entitled "Deye mon, gen mon." Their water is almost 200 vertical feet from where most people live. As you can tell from the concerned look on my face, this is going to be quite the project, especially when you consider how far we will have to carry all the materials. Thank god for donkeys.


Walking around the village, a white person will inevitably attract a posse of children shouting "Blan! Blan!" or "White person! White person!" They love getting their picture taken. Of course, that doesn't make them any less inclined to follow you around.


James, the other engineer here with me, and I went to assess a possible site for a new latrine project. We had an engineering student from the capital come with us so we could show him how to work the GPS. And if you think James has a nice beard going on here, you haven't seen me recently...


No comments:

Post a Comment