Who: Aaron Gordon, Civil Engineering Student at Clemson University
What: Working as a Project Manager
Where: Haiti
When: January-August 2015
Why: Keep reading to find out for yourself

Monday, April 27, 2015

Ravet pa jamn gen rezon devan poul.

Roaches are never right when facing chickens.

Tomorrow, I depart again for Morne Michel to resume work on repairing the school. While showers and inconsistent electricity were nice, I am legitimately excited to return and see the project through. We are hoping to finish everything up by mid-May. I’ll be sure to post pictures when I come back later this week on our progress.

I may have a meeting with DINEPA, the Haitian water and sanitation department, on Thursday that I will have to come back for. We are trying to form an agreement with this branch of the government to get our water systems officially approved and start working projects with the public sector. Ideally, this will be the first of many meetings and we will be able to establish a mutually beneficial partnership.

One of our water team members here in Cange will be coming up the mountain with us tomorrow to do water testing at the various sources around the village. While I don’t really want to know exactly how dirty my bath water is up there, we need to start coming up with accurate cost estimates for their potential system. I have doubts whether I will be able to break ground on a water system by the summer but I want the first DINEPA/CEDC water system to be at Morne Michel, whenever that may be.


Whether or not I come back on Thursday, I know I will be back on Saturday. Stay tuned for pictures this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment