Who: Aaron Gordon, Civil Engineering Student at Clemson University
What: Working as a Project Manager
Where: Haiti
When: January-August 2015
Why: Keep reading to find out for yourself

Friday, April 24, 2015

Se nan chimen jennen yo kenbe chwal malen.

If you want to catch a wild horse, find a tight corral.

I went to the A.S. Cange soccer match the other day. Thanks to the 500HTG (about $11) VIP Season Pass I purchased, I got to take this awesome picture with the team (I'm on the far left). We are currently pursuing a relationship with the Clemson Athletic Department to provide this professional Haitian club with jerseys, cleats, and other equipment. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

I connected the biodigester to the gas line for the school kitchens yesterday. Once the kitchens are complete, the students' waste will be converted to methane gas to cook their food. It's a sustainable, albeit kind of gross, cycle.


With my off-week from working at Morne Michel, I also got the chance to visit the Prestige factory in Port-au-Prince. Prestige is the national lager of Haiti, the perfect way to relax after a long day on the job. It even won best American Lager in 2012. The tour we had was amazing; we saw the whole process from sorting to fermentation to bottling. I've never seen such advanced technology in Haiti before. The picture above is of me with the water team from Cange.



No comments:

Post a Comment